Workplace Ministry Tools
Tools for Starting or Re-energizing a Workplace Ministry
Marketplace Leaders Ministries has developed many tools to achieve our mission to help people fulfil their calling. We encourage you to utilize the tools and ideas to help expand the reach of our mission which is to inspire, educate, and equip believers to walk out their calling in the workplace.
The TGIF Daily Devotional- Encourage others to subscribe to the FREE TGIF Daily Devotional. Each day they will receive a scripture with a teaching relevant to thier daily lives. Visit www.TodayGodIsFirst.com to see a sample of the devotional. If you have a website, you can host the TGIF directly on your site. Each day the message will be updated automatically. If you have a member or subscriber list that you regularly email newsletters, updates or daily emails, we have an additional resource which allows you to SEND the TGIF directly to your subscriber list. The TGIF that you would send is customized specifically for your needs. To learn more about the custom program, visit our Co-Brand program by clicking here.
Resources and Materials– Encourage others to learn more about Fulfilling Your Calling, Work as a Ministry, Hearing the Voice of God, Ethics in the Workplace, and more. We offer free article at www.intheworkplace.com and Books, CD’s, DVD’s, Study Materials and more at our online bookstore at www.TGIFBookstore.com.
Training with Os Hillman- The world is searching to understand what it means to experience Christ in every aspect of life. Os Hillman has had life experiences that have encouraged many to seek God’s calling on their own lives as it relates to their vocation and to view their work as ministry. Os speaks at conferences, churches, luncheons, retreats, and other events and also teaches dynamic workshops. If your group needs an encouraging word, we’d love to be part of your ministry.
The 9 to 5 Window Workshop– can be conducted LIVE by Os Hillman, or if your ministry prefers, the workshop is available as a Video CD series featuring 5 presentations along with synchronized powerpoint that appears alongside the video. The Workshop kit included is a printed workbook, The 9 to 5 Window hardback book, and mp3 audio files of each session. Suitable for small groups and individual study. For use only with PC computers with Internet Explorer web browser. The workshop is also available on Audio CD.
Additional Marketplace Leaders tools and ideas for launching or re-energizing a workplace ministry:
- Start an Alpha in the Workplace small group Bible study
- Establish written Biblical values as a priority for your firm.
- Make Christian books, tapes, and videos available on current topics
- Send children of employees to Christian camps. Offer scholarships to community.
- Use Christian motivational speakers at sales and company meetings.
- Have prayer at company meetings.
- Send employees and spouses to Ancient Paths Seminars.
- Use special seasons such as Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, New Years to send cards with Christ-centered messages.
- Give away one-year Bibles or other modern translations, paraphrased versions, etc.
- Share personal challenges and views on current events from a biblical, Christ-centered perspective in a newsletter or other format. Biblical but not “preachy.”
- Give Children’s Bibles, Devotionals, or storybooks to employees for their children and grandchildren.
- Join a Christian accountability group of peers.
- Release some of your profits to support local ministries that are Christ-centered.
- Send your key people to seminars and conferences where they can relate to other Christian business and professional leaders.
- Lead a small group study on Christian values for your employees.
- Do a seekers class.
- Provide educational scholarships for employee’s children.
- Provide seminars from a Christian world-view, (For employees, suppliers, etc.)
- Make financial planning from a biblical perspective available to employees.
- Have a supplier appreciation banquet, show you value them as persons. Pay them on time.
- Model application of scripture in business situations. Look for teachable moments to use to illustrate applications.
- Have a Christ-centered Christmas party.
- Recognize biblical fruitfulness in employees.
- Encourage employees to do ministry on company time.
- Sponsor a Christian radio program.
- Pray daily for employees, customers, suppliers, and competitors and let them know it.
- Send “We are praying for you” cards to customers, suppliers, etc.
- Display tasteful Christian paintings, pictures, scriptures as office decorations
- Have Christian magazines and literature in your reception area.
- Have Christian music on your “hold” button.
- Fly a Christian flag.
- Include testimony and other tracts with invoices and other mailing pieces.
- Create a personal testimony tract and send it to business associates.
- Have a company picnic and share your testimony or have another do so.
- Employ a corporate chaplain.
- Purchase a company retreat center and make it available to employees and families.
- Purchase seats at local Christian events. Seminars, concerts, etc. and give them to employees, suppliers, customers.
- Provide scholarship to married couples to a Marriage Enrichment weekend.
- Give away copies of the Jesus film video.
- Underwrite 2 hours a week of an employee’s time that is given to visit local nursing home residents.
- Start a Wednesday (noon) Bible Study
- Start a Weekly Prayer Group(s)
- Men’s breakfast Bible study
- Christian music listening and sharing time
- The 9 to 5 Window Workshop
- “Experiencing God” classes or TGIF Bible Study on calling
- “The Mind of Christ” class
- “Raising Boys” class
- Contemplative Prayer study
- “Divorce and Remarriage” class
- Provide TGIF subscription to employees or associates
- Host a the TGIF Co-Brand program to equip employees to integrate their faith in their work
- Provide day care for your employees.
- Some a note to your mayor and tell him you are praying for him.
- Financially support an inner city ministry.
- Prayer walk around the outside and halls of your workplace
- Host a workplace lunch event. Show a work life ministry video. Provide discussion time.
- Form a city wide coalition of intercessors, marketplace leaders and pastors. Meet for prayer twice a month for one hour in public building. See www.PrayForsyth.com
1. Christian Fellowship Retreat
2. National Day of Prayer Celebration
3. Jesus video presentation(s)
4. Good News Break – “The Perfect Storm”
5. Good News Break – “Who’s in Control”
6. Praise and Worship Gatherings
7. Gospel 101 Class/Presentation
8. Sponsor an annual prayer breakfast for your city or your company
9. Sponsor a Called to the Workplace workshop by Os Hillman for your co. or city.
10. Sponsor a city-wide workplace conference
11. Participate in city-wide Global Day or Prayer
12. Alpha in the Workplace bible study for seekers